I’ve personally used several products from their Cica range to see how they fare in comparison to other alternatives.
One of the products that I fell in love with was the Dr.Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment with SPF30. Although, I’ll admit that I was introduced to it by the infamous TikTok train when everyone was using this product and raving about it. I don’t regret it!
This product has an extensive list of benefits, however, it is in the more expensive range of skincare which is a barrier to many people who would love to reap its benefits.
Enter the Dr. Jart+ Tiger Grass color correcting treatment dupes – good alternatives to an otherwise awesome product.
Let’s see what the Dr. Jart+ color correcting treatment is, why people love it and check the list of dupes I found.
Why do people love the Dr. Jart+ Color Correcting Treatment?
If you’ve used the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair’s color-correcting cream before, you’re probably as in love with this product as I am!
It plays the role of a moisturizer, yet at the same time, it instantly eliminates the redness on the skin due to its greenish tint. This makes it a great choice for those with rosacea or skin inflammation, and it is, without a doubt, a game-changer when it comes to giving you a natural-looking coverage.
The product comes with an SPF30 and is completely capable to protect your skin from the harmful effect of sun exposure and UV damage.
And its qualities don’t last only upon application! From my personal experience with the product, I can say that my skin looks calm and healthy even after washing my face in the evening.
Want to know the best part about the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair color correcting treatment?
It not only eliminates redness and alleviates inflammation but can also help hide acne and acne scars.
I found it interesting to learn that the Cicapair collection by Dr. Jart+ was actually inspired by the legend of Asian Tigers, rolling in Centella Asiatica in search of a healing solution after battle wounds. The medicine is also known as tiger grass and has been widely used for different treatments for centuries.
This moisturizer in particular is enriched with niacinamide – another agent that helps calm down and even out the skin complexion. There are many soothing ingredients inside – panthenol, madecasoside, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, and glycerin.
All in all, it’s a skin-loving product with many benefits.
Why do people seek dupes?
The main reason why people look for dupes of the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair color correcting cream is the price of the product.
A lot of high-quality products produced by big names and eminent brands come with a high price tag too. This is not always a result of uniquely blended ingredients or the use of top-notch manufacturing techniques. Most often, it’s simply because of the name behind the product. Albeit this is not the case with Dr. Jart+’s color correcting treatment.
There are many dupes, like the ones that I’m about to share with you, that have a very similar quality to the original, expensive product but are produced by other brands with different politics. Some brands want to build a reputation as affordable names and target people with less income.
Having this in mind, my Dr. Jart+’s color corrector dupe list is a way to test out amazing products which will give you a very similar result but will come at a budget-friendly price.
Bear in mind that this list is written in no particular order, you can navigate it with these quick links:
- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Re-cover
- Erborian CC Red Correct
- ItCosmetics Bye Bye Redness Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
- Dewytree Urban Shade Anti-Pollution Sun 50ml SPF 50+ PA++++
- Holika Holika Naked Face Balancing Primer
- SheaMoisture Matcha Green Tea & Probiotics Color Correcting Moisturizer
- La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Therapeutic Multi-Purpose Cream
- PROcure Rosacare Hydrogel
- Revolution Skincare Cica Multi-Use Balm
- L’Oréal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream Anti-Redness
- Pixi +C Vit Brightening Perfector
Top pick: Medicube Super Cica Color Correcting Cream
What is it?
The Medicube Super Cica Color Correcting Cream is my top choice for a Dr. Jart+ dupe due to its instant redness-canceling result. It tones up the skin naturally and conceals your red cheeks without sitting too heavy on your skin.
This cream gives you full redness coverage with a tiny amount of product. It has a green-to-beige formula, which means that you won’t see a green cast upon application.
As a result, your skin looks very natural, redness is covered, and you look overall healthier. The thing I loved most is that it features several ingredients derived from Centella Asiatica – a soothing powerhouse.
- Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract
- Asiatic Acid
- Madecassic Acid
- Centella Asiatica Extract
- Centella Asiatica Root Extract
Together with niacinamide and allantoin, these work to soothe your skin and help the barrier in its healing process.
So, short-term coverage plus long-term benefits for your skin.
- An extremely lightweight formula that absorbs fast and blends well for a natural finish;
- Conceals while soothing sensitive or sensitized skin;
- Works perfectly on any redness due to the green tint and corrects the skin tone with a beige finish;
- A powerful mix of several active soothing ingredients;
- Good price-to-amount ratio – you only need a tiny bit of product to conceal your entire face;
- Works perfectly as a makeup base and is seamlessly utilized in any skin routine.
- This cream may not work well for darker skin tones as it’s mostly created for fair, maybe light skin.
- Don’t be fooled by the listing’s photos, those are photoshopped and can trick you into thinking that the product can conceal scars – it can’t. It gives sheer coverage to the skin. I’d say it only works on redness, and will not cover your texture.
Earth Harbor Mermaid Milk
What is it?
The Earth Harbor Mermaid Milk is a lightweight, easy-to-use moisturizer with a tiny bit of redness-correcting capabilities. It’s plant-based and uses natural ingredients, for those of my readers who value that in a product.
It’s an effective moisturizer that soothes your skin, covers color imperfections, and, well, sits beautifully on your vanity.
I’m not joking, the jar is a pleasure to look at.
The formula is enriched with several skin-loving ingredients, which make it your perfect choice for a morning face cream.
We have green tea extract, olive fruit oil, and turmeric root extract to give you that antioxidant boost while soothing and working on brightening the skin.
Actually, there are many other soothing ingredients in the mix but the entire formulation rests on aloe leaf juice, not water, so it’s super calming for your sensitive skin.
The green tint in this is not too strong, so you won’t see full coverage of your most intense red patches. I would say that it’ll best suit those of you who have a slight redness or your skin gets easily sensitized and is very reactive.
- No greasy residue and outstanding moisturizing abilities without being sticky;
- Works well under makeup and is just the thing you need in the morning;
- The cream gives you a nice and rejuvenating glow after a few applications.
- There’s coconut oil in the formula that can be too much for people prone to acne. I’m not saying it will definitely clog your pores, as it doesn’t look to be that heavy and occlusive, but there is that chance for those of you prone to pore clogging;
- This won’t be that effective for my readers who suffer from severe redness – the formula is not that thick and concealing.
Hero Cosmetics Rescue Balm +Red Correct
What is it?
This alternative is a mighty recovery and color-correcting cream that I’d strongly recommend trying. It’s especially suitable for those of you with acne problems as it’s water-based and has great coverage to conceal those nasty red marks.
It’s ideal for your AM routine and can also be applied as a primer under makeup. A small amount goes a long way, so it’s pretty good for those of you looking to tighten your skincare budget.
The product comes out green but instantly turns beige after application. If your skin is generally good and you have just a few red marks, dot this on to cover them completely.
However, if you have larger areas of redness such as red cheeks, use a bit more product to fully conceal them.
The formula features several soothing ingredients that will work to calm your skin while covering imperfections. Those are allantoin, panthenol, and beta-glucan.
The cream also uses several signaling peptides that stimulate skin and wound healing – perfect for post-acne treatment.
- The balm gives a medium to full coverage and conceals post-acne marks and general skin redness;
It blends in easily and absorbs in a matter of seconds;
- A small amount goes a long way, the product will last you for months!
- Perfect as a primer under your foundation of choice, or as a stand-alone skin tint, if you apply it on your entire face.
- It’s not as moisturizing as other products on my list, so if you have dry skin, you might need to use a moisturizer underneath.
Touch In Sol Redness Correcting Base Primer
What is it?
This primer is just what you need if you’re looking to correct acne scarring and rosacea while helping your skin to heal. As a product infused with green pigments, it quickly neutralizes flushed skin and red zones.
Its formula is also effective for reducing pore size, making it great for those of you with prominent pores. It’s soothing, light, and moisturizing, and you can wear it alone, or underneath your makeup.
The formula is enriched with niacinamide, which is a multifunctional powerhouse for your skin, especially if you suffer from redness and acne.
Although the product doesn’t have an SPF rating, there are several ingredients in it that can help to slightly offset sun damage. You’ll still have to wear your SPF underneath this, but the primer gives an added layer of security that sun rays will have a harder time reaching the surface of your skin.
There are many beneficial ingredients in this formula, so, that makes this primer one of those rare beasts that can not only conceal imperfections but also deliver long-term benefits for the skin.
- Gives great coverage with no cakiness;
The primer has a blurring effect on the skin and can cover some of your texture too;
- The formula is rich in skin-loving ingredients that give you long-term benefits;
- Good price per amount of product, nice substantial bottle what pumps up the right amount of product.
- This has a strong scent, so if you’re one to avoid fragrance at all costs – you’ll not like this.
Other products similar to the Dr. Jart+ color-correcting treatment
Erborian CC Red Correct
What is it?
Looking for the perfect combination between makeup and skincare? The CC Red Correct by Erborian is a must-try for you.
Using an illuminating formula, it relies on green pigments to cover skin redness and help eliminate it. You can apply the product in the morning as part of your morning routine and benefit from its coverage for the rest of the day.
The product contains encapsulated pigments that help cover up visible skin imperfections. The formula is also enriched with the good Centella Asiatica that we see in Dr. Jart+’s product too. It enhances collagen production, acts as an anti-inflammatory, and heals wounds. It also supports the skin’s natural radiance.
It’s way better than using plain foundation as it provides better coverage and not only conceals redness but has a long-term effect in reducing it.
- Comes with a broad-spectrum SPF 25;
- Full protection against UVA/UVB rays;
- Efficiently conceals redness;
- Contains anti-inflammatory Centella;
- Available in travel size too.
- You might need to combine it with other makeup as it comes in darker shades;
- Contains fragrance, which could be irritating to some.
ItCosmetics Bye Bye Redness Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
What is it?
The Bye Bye Redness Sensitive Skin Moisturizer by ItCosmetics is another great Dr. Jart+ color-correcting dupe.
It’s a thicker cream, specifically designed for redness and sensitive skin. It’s perfect both as a day and night care and will help you neutralize irritation for a soothed look and no traces of redness.
Most notably, it’s developed by experienced plastic surgeons, who have used their extensive expertize to create a product that not only conceals imperfections but also offers a ton of amazing benefits for the skin. You can even see this from the fat INCI list full of star ingredients!
It can be of great support for people with extra dry skin as it provides deep hydration. Some of the active ingredients include:
- Aloe leaf extract – helps moisturize the skin, stimulates a faster healing process and restores the health of your skin barrier, reduces inflammation;
- Cucumber – soothes acne-prone skin, eliminates swelling, calms irritated skin;
- Colloidal oatmeal – locks in moisture, leaving behind a hydrated and healthy-looking skin.
If you’re looking for a redness-eliminating multitasker for your sensitive skin, the Bye Bye Redness skin moisturizer is here to do you wonders. The product successfully helps to manage inflammation, it’s gentle on any skin type, offers hydration on a deep level and can even help smooth wrinkles and fine lines. I love the cooling feeling upon application as it further soothes my irritated skin.
Add it to any skincare routine as it works great with other makeup products.
- Amazing texture, luxurious consistency;
- Easy to apply and spread;
- You see instant results regarding redness and hydration;
- Gives a natural, fresh feeling to any skin type;
- Has no fragrance.
- Could be a bit heavy for oilier skin types;
- Some users share that the redness does not subside, however, it may be because of improper use alongside other active ingredients;
- It may feel a bit too thick for some.
Holika Holika Naked Face Balancing Primer
What is it?
The Naked Face Balancing Primer by Holika Holika is a multi-colored balancing primer.
It successfully evens out the skin tone, buffs up skin texture, and leaves a perfect canvas for the application of makeup.
It combines three different pigments, which allows it to provide the ideal undertone. Some of the key ingredients that you’ll find in this primer include:
- Niacinamide – eliminates redness from the skin, regulates oil production, and creates a lipid barrier to support your skin;
- Hyaluronic acid – a powerful moisturizing agent that reduces signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines;
- Allantoin – moisturizes, exfoliates, soothes the skin, stimulates cell regeneration and comes with anti-aging properties;
- Rosa canina fruit extract – promotes collagen production, protects against sun damage, moisturizes, exfoliates, and eliminates hyperpigmentation;
- Boswellia serrata resin extract – tones up the skin and reduces wrinkles;
- Camellia sinensis leaf – minimizes the risk of skin cancer, has anti-inflammatory abilities, protects against sun damage, and fights acne.
The product uses three different pigments – green, peach, and purple – to effectively fight redness and inflammation.
The green color is derived from green tea and it conceals all skin imperfections. The peach color comes from the use of rosehip extract. It works towards a natural, healthy glow of the skin and makes you look toned and healthy. The purple color is derived from the lavender extract, and it guarantees a natural-looking skin.
- Provides an even skin tone;
- Covers up imperfections;
- Boasts numerous goodie ingredients for your skin;
- Creates a perfect base for the application of CC cream, foundation, or BB cream;
- Very affordable
- The fragrance is a bit strong;
- Has a dewy finish which is not for everyone;
- The purple color could make the skin look a bit pale and dull when used by people with darker skin tones.
Holika Holika Naked Face Balancing Primer is Available at Yes Style
La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Therapeutic Multi-Purpose Cream
Another product that I found is a great dupe for Dr. Jart+ Cicapair color-correcting treatment is the therapeutic multi-purpose cream by La Roche-Posay. And I love me some LRP.
What is it?
This is an extremely high-quality, yet affordable product that can easily become a constant in your skin routine.
Among the many amazing ingredients, it contains:
- Shea butter offers instant dry skin and irritation relief for the face, lips, body, and hands.
- Panthenol is a form of vitamin B5 that is a star ingredient for soothing dry skin.
- It’s infused with glycerin for hydration.
- The visible dryness and irritation of the skin are reduced thanks to copper, zinc, madecassoside (an active component in Centella Asiatica) and manganese ingredients.
I personally loved this product and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to get a bang for their bucks.
It completely eliminates all signs of skin dryness, redness and irritation and restores its youthful look. The combination of ingredients that I mentioned earlier truly makes this product stand out as an instant solution to dry or cracked skin.
It can be used on any type of skin, sensitive skin included.
Apart from that, all products of La Roche-Posay are extensively tested for safety and they offer results for people of any age, including children. This product is extremely safe to use by anyone as it’s free from antibiotics, lanolin, parabens, and steroids.
- Thoroughly tested by dermatologists, completely safe to use by anyone;
- A perfect choice for sensitive skin AND slim wallets;
- Uses a range of effective ingredients and minerals to tackle skin concerns;
- Offers deep hydration for the skin;
- Leaves a matt finish, good for oily prone skin;
- Non-sticky & non-greasy texture that is a pleasure to use;
- Can be used for the whole body.
- Some people with super oily skin may find it a bit too heavy for their liking;
- The product comes in a smaller tube;
- There isn’t a lot of added fragrance to the product (which is an actual benefit for many), contrary to other LRP products, so don’t expect a luxurious experience;
- The product takes some work to spread because of its thickness.
La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 is Available at SkinStore
PROcure Rosacare Hydrogel
What is it?
The perfect blend of science and nature, Rosacare Hydrogel is probably one of my all-time favorite products.
It’s extremely lightweight and utilizes the power of amazing ingredients like Vitamin E, allantoin, hyaluronic acid, cucumber extract, niacinamide, and Licorice root extract. These ingredients make it an excellent soothing solution with cool and refreshing properties for red and irritated skin.
Your skin will be perfectly evened out without a masking effect thanks to its chromium color correcting properties.
There are a ton of benefits that this product offers.
The product uses Licorice root extract, which has powerful antioxidant properties and can offer skin protection against environmental and internal stressors. As a result, the Rosacare Hydrogel alleviates rashes, itching, swelling, and red skin.
In addition, hyaluronic acid works towards a smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles, making the skin look plump and healthy.
- The hydrogel doesn’t have any fragrance, which makes it natural-feeling and gentle;
- The product doesn’t contain any parabens as well;
- You only need to use a little bit of the product and it can last for about 3 months;
- The skin soaks up the gel immediately, leaving no traces behind;
- Suitable for sensitive skin; treats a wide range of skin concerns related to redness and irritation.
- The product doesn’t offer an SPF but you could always apply sunscreen afterwards;
- Some people share they experience a bit of clumping up;
- The hydrogel could be too pigmented for some.
L’Oréal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream Anti-Redness
What is it?
L’Oréal’s Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream Anti-Redness can transform into a shade of any kind to remove signs of redness. As a result, you’ll see a flawless bare skin finish that you’ll simply grow addicted to.
The product is created using Beautifying Beads with encapsulated, color-transforming pigments that perfectly tackle red areas on the skin. The formula quickly changes from green to a shade that matches your skin tone. The finish is more similar to the Dr. Jart+’s product – a nice satiny matte on your skin – and it covers redness just as good. I’ve noticed that the product holds well in the hours after application: no creasing in the fine lines, no extra oiliness. It pretty much did not move.
People love it and it’s a popular product as it’s not as expensive as Dr. Jart+’s products, making it accessible to all.
If you’re looking for one product that gives you the results of using four different products, L’Oréal’s Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream Anti-Redness is the right match for you. It will neutralize, hydrate, correct, and perfect your skin. All redness will be gone and you’ll be able to enjoy flawless coverage.
- The product is suitable for all skin types;
- It successfully conceals and removes redness;
- Shade transformation to fit any skin tone;
- It’s extremely easy to apply;
- The product blends well with no extra measures needed;
- It’s leaves behind a smooth, natural-looking skin.
- If you have oily skin, you’ll probably need to use a pro-matte makeup primer to get rid of any oily excesses;
- You may notice that it’s not realistic to rely only on this product for coverage and may need to combine it with other products;
- This product doesn’t come with any sun protection, so you’ll have to apply sunscreen.
I’d love to get your thoughts and hear your stories if you have experience using some of these products. Just leave a comment in the comment section below and share your own opinion.
Until next time!
Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream took our hearts by surprise. Many got introduced to this lovely moisturizer as a Sephora’s Birthday gift only to get seriously hooked on its lovely consistency, unforgettable user experience, and dewy-smooth effect on the skin. It’s no...
Many a hearts were broken when suddenly we noticed that the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion refill pads were discontinued. One day the pads went out of stock on Neutrogena’s website but they were nowhere to be found at Walgreens, Target, and the rest of the retailers...
If you have sensitive or easily sensitized skin, chances are you get irritated by alcohol in skincare. So, a face moisturizer without alcohol is a must for you. Luckily, these days brands don’t put denatured alcohol a lot into face creams, so the range of products...