When it comes to high-quality sunscreen, the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen is definitely one of the cult products for a lot of skincare enthusiasts.
I’ll explain more about where all the magic comes from in a bit.
But despite how amazing it is, a lot of people are actively looking for Supergoop dupes (if you’re wondering why just be patient and keep on reading).
I’ve done some digging into the skincare market to discover some of the best Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen dupes that I highly recommend trying.
Let’s get started.
Why do people love the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen?
Why this Supergoop sunscreen is so popular in the first place?
In a nutshell, it’s a chemical sunscreen that is absolutely clear, works like a primer to perfect the skin, and absorbs in seconds. It doesn’t feel sticky or greasy, it’s non-comedogenic and won’t clog your pores, it’s ultra-lightweight, and to top it all up – there’s no white cast.
In short, it ticks off all of the boxes on the list of must-haves when it comes to sunscreen.
A look into its ingredient list reveals that it contains the following sunscreen substances:
- Avobenzone – 3%
- Homosalate – 8%
- Octisalate – 5%
- Octocrylene – 4%
These ingredients allow the sunblock to offer reliable, broad-spectrum protection against UV light.
The product is also formulated with tocopherol (an antioxidant) and jojoba esters (soothe and calm the skin).
But if it’s so good, why bother with a dupe?
Why look for a a dupe of Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen?
If you’ve searched for the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen you’ll probably have noticed one thing that immediately catches the eye – the price tag!
The product is sold for around $36 for a bottle of 1.7oz or 50ml.
This is a pretty hefty price that not all skincare lovers are prepared to spend, especially considering that sunscreen is a product that you use all year round (if you’re not, you should be).
This is what sparked my investigation.
4 Affordable Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen Dupes
I researched and tested a multitude of similar sunscreens to identify the following Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen dupes as the best alternatives.
Best Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen Dupe: Trader Joe’s Daily Facial Sunscreen SPF 40
The first dupe for Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen that I’d like to introduce you to is Trader Joe’s Daily Facial Sunscreen SPF 40.
This sunscreen is the same as the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen in terms of consistency, texture, and appearance, and is dirt-cheap in comparison to the original.
Both are not 100% identical but they do come very close.
- The product contains all of the same sunscreen ingredients as the Supergoop’s product, including Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (12%), Octisalate (5%), and Octocrylene (6%). The difference is in the concentration, which is higher in Trader Joe’s product.
- The sunscreen’s formula is water resistant for up to 40 minutes, just like the Supergoop Unseen.
The formula is non-irritating, even if applied in the eye area.
- A perfect fit for all skin types, even oily skin as it’s mattifying, and it’s also suitable for all skin tones.
What we like:
- The first and most essential thing that I love about this product is the fact that it costs USD $9 for the same amount of product as the Supergoop sunscreen and is just as invisible and reliable.
- Every ingredient from Trader Joe’s sunscreen can be also found in the Supergoop sunscreen.
- I love the clear, lucid, thick texture of the product. It’s very firm and feels a little bit like Vaseline when applied to the skin. Yet it doesn’t sit heavy. My oily-prone skin doesn’t have a problem with this product.
- I noticed that the sunscreen has a mattifying effect which I appreciate highly as I tend to get oilier throughout the day.
What to have in mind:
This is one of the sunscreens that has literally gone viral, breaking the internet. A lot of people purchase it because of its affordable price and the fact that it offers so many similarities to the original Supergoop Unseen sunscreen.
This all leads to one huge drawback – it can be extremely difficult to find.
It’s always sold out, which has triggered another curious trend – people are purchasing the product whenever it’s available and reselling it online for more than $25, which is much more than the original price.
Supergoop Unseen Dupe #2: Kroger Sunscreen Invisible Gel SPF 40
Next up on the list is another high-quality Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen Dupe – the Kroger Sunscreen Invisible Gel SPF 40.
- The sunscreen contains the same active ingredients as the Supergoop original, with the only difference being the concentration. The product contains Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (11%), Octisalate (5%), and Octocrylene (10%).
- Kroger sunscreen claims to be water-resistant for up to 80 minutes.
- It’s not fragranced making it ideal for all skin types.
- Due to the silicone in the ingredient list, the product smoothes out the skin and is a great primer under makeup.
What we like:
- I can’t miss out on mentioning the price difference between the Kroger Sunscreen Invisible Gel SPF 40 and the original Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen. Kroger’s product costs only USD $10 for a bottle of 3 oz or 88 ml, making it much cheaper.
- You can use the product nearly twice as long as the Supergoop sunscreen as it lasts for around 70 applications, while Supergoop is gone in around 40.
- I love that there’s no tint in this product. It comes out of the tube darker, but don’t let this mislead you – it turns completely invisible on your face.
- Once applied, the product makes the skin look dewy rather than mattifying it, which is a plus for people who like a glow.
What to have in mind:
- I did notice that the sunscreen dries down slower than the Supergoop product, which could be a challenge for those who are used to a quick application.
- It’s also a bit difficult to shop online as it’s not available anywhere but in the Kroger store.
Supergoop Sunscreen Dupe #3: Black Girl Sunscreen Make it Matte
Another Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen alternative that I discovered is the Black Girl Sunscreen Make it Matte.
It’s slightly more expensive than the previous options but nowhere near the Supergoop price.
- The product offers reliable protection against UVA with an SPF of 45. The active ingredients in the formula include Avobenzone (3%) Homosalate (10%) Octisalate (5%) Octocrylene (5%).
- The sunscreen is also enriched with aloe leaf juice which makes it soothing.
- The ingredient list also consists of squalane, which moisturizes, reduces oiliness, and supports the skin barrier. Coconut oil and shea butter are also present in the formula, providing moisture and preventing inflammation.
- It’s also vegan, cruelty-free, and fragrance-free.
- It’s water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
What we like:
- Just like the previous two dupes, the price tag here is much more affordable than the Supergoop sunscreen. The Black Girl sunscreen sells for $21.99 for a bottle of 1.7 oz or 50ml.
- Due to the rich ingredient list, it has a little bit more skincare benefits to it than the Supergoop Unseen, which is a nice bonus to have.
- The gel formula is extremely nice to the touch and is easy to spread across the skin. It’s extremely lightweight and there’s no white residue after application.
- When testing it the first thing I noticed was the instant mattifying effect the sunscreen had on the skin, which is certainly helpful for people with oily skin, especially during the summer.
- I also tested it before applying makeup and can confirm that it works as a primer to some extent. It doesn’t pill and it gives a nice, even canvas.
- It’s completely transparent, just like the Supergoop, and ideal for all skin tones.
What to have in mind:
You need to shake the bottle before applying.
Dupe of Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen #4: Walgreens Sunscreen Sport 50 Lotion
The final recommendation on my Unseen Sunscreen dupe list is the Walgreens Sunscreen Sport 50 Lotion. Here’s all that you need to know about this replacement.
- Similarly to the original, this sunscreen contains four essential sunscreen ingredients – Avobenzone – (3%), Homosalate – (10%), Octisalate – (4.5%), Octocrylene – (8%)
- It’s water-resistant for up to 80 minutes, making it a perfect choice for water sports, the beach, or just a sweaty summer day.
- The formula is enriched with aloe leaf juice and tocopheryl acetate antioxidants.
- This is a fragranced product and the smell is not overbearing, so if you like fragrance in your skincare, this one is for you.
What we like:
- This one is the cheapest option on this list – it costs $2.5 for a bottle of 3 oz or 88ml, so it’s a go-to product for the summer when your entire body is more exposed to sun damage and needs adequate protection.
- The texture is nice and thick, definitely for people with normal or dry skin.
What to have in mind:
The sunscreen can feel a bit greasy, especially for oily folks, so if you’re in that category, it’s best to stay away from this product come summertime. At least when it comes to your face.
What didn’t enter the list of Supergoop Unseen sunscreen dupes
Apart from the products that I’ve gone into detail about above, I would also like to mention two additional sunscreens. They’re usually recommended as dupes across the online space but I haven’t added them to my list as I don’t consider them qualifying to be considered as appropriate alternatives.
One of them is the Kylie Skin Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Face Sunscreen. Yes, it’s a high-quality sunscreen that covers most of your expectations in terms of the formula but it’s even pricier than the Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen.
The second one is the MANTL Invisible Daily SPF 30. Apart from the fact that it’s also more expensive than the Supergoop original, it also offers weaker protection due to the lower SPF factor.
I hope you’ve found my dupe suggestions useful. If you’ve tried any of the products I’ve mentioned in this article or you’ve discovered other Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen dupes – feel free to share!
Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream took our hearts by surprise. Many got introduced to this lovely moisturizer as a Sephora’s Birthday gift only to get seriously hooked on its lovely consistency, unforgettable user experience, and dewy-smooth effect on the skin. It’s no...
Many a hearts were broken when suddenly we noticed that the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion refill pads were discontinued. One day the pads went out of stock on Neutrogena’s website but they were nowhere to be found at Walgreens, Target, and the rest of the retailers...
If you have sensitive or easily sensitized skin, chances are you get irritated by alcohol in skincare. So, a face moisturizer without alcohol is a must for you. Luckily, these days brands don’t put denatured alcohol a lot into face creams, so the range of products...