As a skincare lover and an avid user, I always seem to get the news of new brand releases slightly more quickly than your average person.
That’s how I get to know about Transparent Lab – an up-and-coming European skincare brand with budget-friendly skincare.
In this blog post, I offer a few Transparent Lab skincare reviews and some interesting information on the brand:
- Who exactly are Niche Beauty Lab and Transparent Lab
- Transparent Lab Time Reverse Beauty Sleep Mask review
- Transparent Lab Eye Repair Complex review
- Transparent Lab Rose Calming Cleanser Ph 5.5 review
- Transparent Lab Barrier Restoring Hydrating Cream review
- Transparent Lab PIE Acne Red Spot Fading Treatment review
About Transparent Lab and Niche Beauty Lab
Niche Beauty Lab is a beauty holding company that has been around since 2016, with headquarters in Barcelona, Spain.
Their goal, as they say, is to create innovative and effective beauty products while maintaining sustainable and ethical practices.
I’d compare them to Deciem as they have a few brands under their umbrella.
For example, Deciem holds The Ordinary, NIOD, and others, while Niche Beauty Lab holds Transparent Lab, Theramid, Acnmey, Hyalulip, and Hairvest.
Transparent Lab offers a range of budget-friendly skincare products with well-rounded formulations.
Their formulas are designed to be transparent in both ingredients and price, making quality skincare accessible to a wider audience.
You’d notice that the brand puts its ingredient lists front and center on each of its products, making it easy for informed consumers to choose according to their specific skin goals.
Transparent Lab products are priced similarly to The Ordinary, with most products falling in the $10-30 range.
However, while The Ordinary releases single-ingredient-focused products, Transparent Lab offers slightly more complex formulas that are still widely accessible for many budget ranges.
Their product range includes serums, moisturizers, and facial oils, and they are known for their use of effective ingredients like vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and retinol, as well as efficient combinations to battle specific skin concerns such as PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation), sensitivity, aging, and more.
Now that you have a general understanding of the brand, let me share my experience with some of Transparent Lab’s products that I’ve managed to get my hands on.
Transparent Lab Time Reverse Beauty Sleep Mask review
The Transparent Lab Time Reverse Beauty Sleep Mask is a luxurious night mask that works to battle signs of aging and even out your skin tone while you sleep.
As a cocktail of antioxidants, anti-aging, and restorative properties, this formula stimulates collagen production and cell renewal, deeply hydrating the skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes with consistent use.
It’s designed for all skin types, although I’d say that super oily folks can find it a bit heavy.
Its ultra-hydrating and illuminating well-rounded formula makes it the all-in-one night therapy that those of you with minimalistic skincare habits, or on a budget, will simply fall in love with.
You can find it in a bottle of 2.5 oz or 75 ml for around $15 and as with all Transparency Lab products, you’ll see all ingredients listed at the front of both packages – the cardboard and the tube.
- 5% niacinamide – a potent amount of vitamin B5 that works to shrink pores, and reduces pigmentation while regulating sebum production.
- 3% ACE complex – an antioxidant (vitamin) complex which works to improve the appearance of signs of aging, brighten the skin tone, even it out, and restore and soothe the skin. Here we have vitamins A (retinol), C (in the form of SAP – sodium ascorbyl phosphate – the one that is more beneficial for acne-prone folks), and E.
- 1% hyaluronic acid – offers deep hydration and nourishment and is complemented with glycerin and cholesterol to help form a healing and occlusive barrier for the skin.
- 0.2% retinol – a low- to medium-strength retinol that improves multiple skin problems, especially those related to aging. It restores the skin, smoothes wrinkles, acts as an antioxidant, and repairs sun damage. It stimulates the skin’s production of hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin.
- The mask is free from alcohol and fragrance, making it safe for sensitive skin.
What we like:
- I love the fact that the product isn’t sticky and doesn’t make the skin feel heavy and blocked. At the same time, it is potent enough to entirely replace my evening moisturizer, since as a combo-to-oily person, I don’t need that much hydration.
- The amount of product is generous and you need a tiny bit to cover your entire face and neck. This makes it even more economical as a single tube can last you for several months.
- The price point is outstanding for such a well-rounded product, giving everyone access to a reliable item of skincare that can give you everything your skin may need from a retinol cream and more.
- The formula doesn’t irritate the skin at all – there are no common irritants and the soothing ectoin in the ingredients takes care of any troubles you may have with the retinol inside.
What to have in mind:
This product doesn’t contain any fragrance but has a natural scent due to the ingredients in it. It smells slightly medicated to me.
Transparent Lab Eye Repair Complex review
The Transparent Lab Eye Repair Complex is a powerful combination of ingredients that softens, illuminates, and fights the signs of aging around the eyes.
It’s in a form of a lightweight eye serum chock-full of skin-loving ingredients that are beneficial for the undereye area.
I’d say this eye serum is a perfect fit for those fighting milia due to the fact that it contains retinol and is more lightweight than your general eye cream.
The serum costs around $13 for a bottle of 0.5 oz or 15 ml – considering its extensive ingredient list, I’d say that’s quite generous of the makers.
Let’s look under the lid.
- 5% niacinamide is great to have in an eye product because it will work to lighten up any dark areas under the eyes.
- 3% vitamin C – gives an additional boost for the brightness effect while improving the signs of aging – it works to increase collagen production, so you can effectively fight those stubborn eye wrinkles.
- 3% RevitalEyes – a proprietary probiotics complex that consists of green tea, pomegranate, and caffeine – all amazing to have under your eyes. It slows down aging and evens out the skin tone.
- 1% retinol will gently increase cell turnover and further boost collagen production in the skin. As I said, this is a great ingredient to have in your eye product if you are prone to milia formation.
- The serum is free both from fragrance and from alcohol, making it non-irritating to sensitive skin, and it doesn’t sting, as far as my experience goes.
What we like:
- The consistency is wonderful, it’s extremely lightweight and doesn’t clog the skin. It’s not sticky too, which is rare for eye serums. It’s quickly absorbed by the skin and leaves the area hydrated and plump.
- I saw results after a few applications – I used it both day and night for about two weeks and on the third day noticed the skin look much more smoothed out and soft-looking.
- This eye repair complex is very hydrating and leaves the skin around the eyes moisturized for hours. You wake up with a fresh undereye area that looks smooth and takes on makeup very well.
- Again, for the price, it’s definitely worth giving it a try and it quickly became a staple eye product for me.
What to have in mind
The dropper can be a bit finicky to use. I’d definitely suggest they rework the packaging. Otherwise, no other complaints!
Transparent Lab Rose Calming Cleanser Ph 5.5 review
Next up, the Transparent Lab Rose Calming Cleanser pH 5.5 – this one quickly became a go-to product for me.
This is a gentle second-step cleanser with soothing and calming properties that can be used daily.
Its neutral pH level and low surfactant content are gentle, yet the product is potent enough to effectively remove impurities without compromising the skin’s natural balance.
It’s suitable for all skin types but can be especially helpful for sensitive skin and skin with concerns such as eczema, active acne, dermatitis, and more, due to its gentle and soothing formula.
You can buy it for roughly $15 for a bottle of 5.07 oz or 150 ml. This is a fairly standard price for a cleanser of that size and features.
Here’s some additional information about it.
- 20% Rose Water – it has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties and gives a nice natural scent to the cleanser.
- 5% Aloe Vera extract – it has soothing and antioxidant properties that also hydrates the skin. With consistent use, aloe helps your skin heal and clear any leftover acne marks.
- 5% Centella asiatica – a common ingredient you’ll see in Korean skincare, it also has healing properties and boosts the anti-inflammatory components of the product.
- 3% Oat Kernel extract – nourishes and soothes the skin, and relieves any itching and dryness. It’s great for eczema-prone skin.
- 0,5% Allantoin – soothes, softens, and stimulates cell renewal.
- Just like the previous two products, this one is also free from fragrance and alcohol, and it’s not stripping.
What we like:
- This is a good and economical basic product that does the job well – there is no guessing with this and it’s a reliable option in the sea of cleansers out there.
- I love how long-lasting the product is. You only need a small amount to get a good cleanse of the face.
- The texture is super nice, enabling the cleanser to spread well onto the skin and wash off easily.
- It’s a great addition to any PIH routine as it speeds up the process of healing blemishes and fading acne marks.
What to have in mind:
- If you have oily skin, this cleanser may be a bit weaker than others. The surfactants in this are gentle. However, if used as part of a double cleansing routine, you can avoid this scenario.
- This isn’t a cleanser that will blow your mind with an awesome experience and immediate after-effects. It’s a good and reliable basic.
Transparent Lab Barrier Restoring Hydrating Cream review
The Transparent Lab Barrier Restoring Hydrating Cream stands out from others due to its unique combination of ceramide and cholesterol. When these two components are paired together, the quality of the formula is significantly enhanced.
However, I wouldn’t say I’d repurchase this product mainly because I have two other essentials I like to use when my skin is needing some additional TLC.
But I digress.
Let me share my experience and more information about this product.
This cream sells for around $20 for a tube of 1.69 oz or 50 ml. It has a nice consistency that soaks into your skin quickly, leaving no residue behind.
- 5% Encapsulated Hyaluronic Acid – a reliable moisturizing agent, common in skincare, its effects are boosted with the help of glycerin and cholesterol in this formulation.
- 3% ACE Complex – a powerful antioxidant complex of vitamins A, C & E that protects against oxidative stress.
- 0,1% Madecassoside – it helps soothe the skin, heal wounds faster, and gives a boost to the antioxidant properties of the product.
- 0,1% Ceramide – protects the skin barrier and moisturizes the skin.
- 0,1% TECA – contains four main components – madecassoside, madecassic acid, asiaticoside, and asiatic acid that reduce skin irritation and inflammation, fight breakouts, act as antioxidants, and enhance the effects of sunscreen.
- The cream is oil-free and fragrance-free
What we like:
- The texture of the product is amazing, it’s non-greasy, yet it feels hydrating. Although positioned as a cream, I’d say it feels a lot like the Transparent Lab ceramide repair serum.
- It’s agreeable to sensitive skin and won’t cause any redness, irritation, or discomfort.
- The skin feels very nourished and soft after the first application. It offers all the hydration you need.
What to have in mind:
- I didn’t find it to be as good and nourishing as the products I generally use and recommend. Several hours after application, my skin felt like needing something more. I personally enjoy the Purito Dermide Relief moisturizer or the Avene Tolerance Control Recovery cream and find those to be more potent and quicker to see results than Transparent Lab’s product.
- Cetyl alcohol is a problematic ingredient for me, I tend to get more congestion and that can result in breakouts. This is entirely my experience with this ingredient, though, you may not see any problem with it.
Transparent Lab PIE Acne Red Spot Fading Treatment review
If you’re looking to eliminate post-pimple spots but your skin is sensitive and can’t handle most exfoliants and actives, I’d strongly recommend the PIE Acne Red Spot Fading Treatment.
This solution combines several actives in potent concentrations and bounds them via encapsulation to decrease the side effects they’d usually have on your skin.
The main ingredients work together to buffer the topmost layer of the skin, while soothing it with calming compounds and preventing pore build-up.
The treatment can be used on spots or on your entire face, and it can be used by all skin types safely.
The best part – you can see a difference in appearance in just several days of consistent use.
It’s available in a standard 1 oz (30 ml) tube for about $18.
- 5% Encapsulated Glycolic Acid – an AHA exfoliant that gently removes dead skin cells to reveal fresh and smooth skin. The encapsulation means that it feels more gentle due to the gradual release of the ingredient – great for sensitive folks.
- 5% Niacinamide – a powerful and common skincare ingredient with proven anti-aging, skin-lightening, anti-inflammatory, and barrier repair benefits.
- 2% Encapsulated Salicylic Acid – this one goes deep into pores and purges all the gunk, while also serving as a potent anti-inflammatory agent.
- 1% Ectoine – a versatile and extensively studied active that can perform multiple functions for the skin, including protection against pollution and light, as well as hydration, soothing, and barrier repair. Ectoin will be trending this year, in my opinion.
- 0,3% Luminia Granatum – brightens, evens texture and tone, and prevents photo-induced pigmentation. It also offers some antioxidant properties and fights anti-sun spots. Its soothing properties make it great for anti-aging and promoting healthy skin.
What we like:
- The texture is certainly something I love, it sinks in the skin nicely and doesn’t leave behind any greasy residue as do similar spot treatments on the market. Easy to use and layer with other skincare.
- You can see acne marks disappearing as soon as two weeks after application. Of course, this will depend on how old and serious the marks are, but I noticed mine began fading on the third day of use (used it twice daily) and some spots were completely gone at the one-week mark, while the rest took a bit longer but still disappeared.
- The price-quality ratio here is outstanding. You can get wonderful results for a tiny investment and the product will last you for ages.
What to have in mind:
Keep in mind that the older and larger the acne spots are, the harder it will be to get rid of them with this product. Be patient and consistent, and you’ll see results.
So, all in all, I’d say that my first encounter with Transparent Lab and Niche Beauty Lab was a great one.
I found some nice, effective products at a low overall price.
And in fact, I’ve already placed my second order of different products to try.
I’d say that people who are into skincare minimalism will love this brand and their products because of how effective and easy they are to use.
However, if you are one of those people who prefer a sensorial experience, you may feel a bit underwhelmed with the products.
If you love to geek out about skincare, I invite you to check this article where I compare granactive retinoid vs retinol. And if you’d like to see a comparison between The INKEY List vs The Ordinary, make sure to read that one too!
If you have sensitive or easily sensitized skin, chances are you get irritated by alcohol in skincare. So, a face moisturizer without alcohol is a must for you. Luckily, these days brands don’t put denatured alcohol a lot into face creams, so the range of products...
A popular myth is that teens shouldn’t use a face cream because their skin is too oily and acne-prone anyway, so why add anything else to aggravate it? Untrue. Teenage skin, just like any other skin, requires sufficient moisturization in order to stay healthy and...
So, you’ve tested several Naturium products and fell in love so hard, you now want to build a complete skincare routine? I can relate. I first tried their salicylic acid body spray when I had blackheads on my chest area and got hooked so hard, I now have at least two...