Tatcha is known for its mind-blowingly good, crazy expensive skincare. The brand is one of those you’d definitely opt for on a Treat Yo Self occasion. Or gift it to a skincare lover.
Tatcha’s Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen does not fall behind.
However, the steep price tag is a good enough reason to at least attempt to find a close substitute.
Luckily, there are several cheaper alternatives on the market that offer a similar feel or look without breaking the bank.
In this blog post, I’ll explore some of the best budget-friendly Tatcha sunscreen dupes for those looking to protect their skin from harmful UV rays and achieve a silky-smooth finish.
What is Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen
The Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen is definitely a luxurious experience. It boasts a weightless, anti-aging formula, designed to protect even the most delicate skin from the harmful effects of the sun rays.
It’s a broad-spectrum SPF 35 with mineral filters in a liquidy-smooth formula that blends into your skin effortlessly, leaving behind a beautifully matte and poreless-looking finish.
It contains zinc oxide (15%), octisalate (5%), and titanium dioxide.
There’s no white cast after the application, the product gives a natural, healthy look to your skin.
The Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen is also infused with niacinamide, a powerful ingredient that helps to brighten, hydrate and soothe the skin, great for helping with any blemishes.
There’s also green tea extract that’s famous for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial qualities. A curious addition to the ingredients is the mastic gum which also contributes to the same helpful effects.
All in all, the product does boast a few skin-loving goodies that you’ll appreciate.
4 Dupes of Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting SunscreenSo, if you’ve been on the lookout for a worthy Tatcha silk sunscreen similar product, keep reading. Below, I share with you my top recommendations.
Best Pick: Tula Mineral Magic SPF 30
Tula Mineral Magic SPF 30 is a weightless, fluid mineral daily sunscreen that is packed with powerful probiotic extracts and skin superfoods for healthy, balanced, and glowing skin.
This is the closest alternative to the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen in terms of application, consistency, and finish. Ingredient-wise, they’re also quite similar, both containing Lactobacillus, antioxidants, and blue light protective ingredients.
You get 1.52 fl. oz. (45ml) for about USD $38 – definitely cheaper than the Tatcha.
This is slightly tinted in comparison to Tatcha’s Silk Sunscreen, which has more of a whitish overlay on your skin.
- The sun-protecting ingredients here include titanium dioxide (3.6%) and zinc oxide (2.34%).
- The product also contains soothing agents like lactobacillus ferment, turmeric root extract, and raspberry fruit extract.
- Tula Mineral Magic SPF 30 is weightless and silky, providing broad spectrum SPF 30 without the greasy feel and with a super fast application.
- It absorbs instantly and feels like you’re wearing nothing at all.
- The product is non-comedogenic, and great for normal and combination skin types.
- It contains probiotic extracts and skin superfoods that provide healthy and balanced skin.
What we like:
- I love the way this product feels on the skin. It’s hydrating, yet doesn’t make you feel oily and greasy. In fact, it’s slightly more matte than the Tatcha one.
- The soothing ingredients in the formula make it a good choice if you’re experiencing skin irritation.
- This is the perfect daily go-to sunscreen to have in your bag as it offers significant broad-spectrum protection with an SPF 30.
What to have in mind:
- If you have extra dry skin, you may need to use a potent moisturizer underneath — this is not drying upon application but in a few hours, my skin ended up wanting something more.
- If you have extra oily skin, you might not appreciate the slight dewiness that this sunscreen gives initially.
- The SPF protection of this one is inferior to the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen.
Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++
Another Tatcha sunscreen replacement is the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++.
Although it has nothing in common in terms of initial impressions and consistency, this sunscreen does act as a great makeup primer without any white cast whatsoever — it’s truly invisible!
This product has a cult following, and for a reason — it’s one of the most wearable sunscreens on the market, perfect for any skin type or color.
1.7 fl. oz. (or 50ml) of this sunscreen costs USD $38, and there’s a more affordable travel-size tube (0.5 fl.oz.) for about USD $18.
This evens out the skin and fills in your pores to give you a smooth canvas for makeup application. And with a demi-matte finish, it’s definitely one that will be liked by the oily folks in my audience.
- The ingredient list here is impressive as it includes avobenzone, homosalate, octisalate, and octocrylene, providing reliable, broad-spectrum protection against UV light.
- It also contains tocopherol, which is an antioxidant, and jojoba esters, which soothe and calm the skin.
- The Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen is non-comedogenic — it won’t clog your pores, and it’s ultra-lightweight, making it a perfect fit for all skin types.
- It comes with a higher SPF than the original product (SPF 40 instead of SPF 35).
What we like:
- The product does not leave any amount of white cast whatsoever – it completely sinks into your skin, leaving it flawless.
- It absorbs into the skin in seconds, leaving no sticky or greasy residue, making it an absolute must-have in any skincare routine, especially a quick one 🙂
- There is no fragrance here, not even your standard sunscreen scent, making it a top choice for me and other folks who are not fond of the typical sunscreen smell.
What to have in mind:
I wouldn’t say it’s that close of a product to Tatcha’s sunscreen. However, it’s a best-seller for a reason, so maybe I’m introducing you to your next staple sunscreen — give the travel size a try to find out.
Trader Joe’s Daily Facial Sunscreen SPF 40
Another outstanding sunscreen that I’d substitute the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen with is Trader Joe’s Daily Facial Sunscreen SPF 40.
It’s a low-cost alternative that’s completely similar to the Supergoop! above but at a fraction of the price. I’ve included both in this article to give you a choice, as this one is frequently out of stock and difficult to find.
- The sun-protecting ingredients in the formula feature Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (12%), Octisalate (5%), and Octocrylene (6%).
- This product is water-resistant for up to 40 minutes, offering an extra level of comfort and security during the hot summer days when you sweat a lot.
- It is non-irritating, even when applied near the eye area.
- Suitable for all skin types, even oily skin, as it mattifies the skin, and it is also suitable for all skin tones.
What we like:
- The price point is certainly something I love about this replacement – it costs only $9 for a bottle of 1.7 oz or 50 ml and offers similar reliability and invisibility as the Supergoop!
- The sunscreen has a clear, lucid, thick texture that feels a bit like Vaseline when applied to the skin but does not feel heavy — people with aging skin will love this, as it’s able to fill in the fine lines and large pores while soothing the skin.
- It also has a slight mattifying effect that works wonders on oily skin, especially come summertime.
What to have in mind:
The Trader Joe’s sunscreen has become wildly popular for its affordability and similarity to the Unseen sunscreen. The only downside is that it’s often sold out – both online and offline — if you see it in stock, grab at least several bottles to ensure you’ll have enough for the summer.
Undefined Beauty R&R Sun Serum SPF 50 PA++++
The last replacement for Tatcha’s sunscreen, the Undefined Beauty R&R Sun Serum SPF 50 PA++++ is another tinted mineral sunscreen that not only protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays but also nourishes and hydrates your skin.
The tint here is medium to pale, so darker skins might not find it as universal as other picks from my list.
Compared to the Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen, it’s way more affordable yet offers similar benefits and a very similar end finish.
You get a 1.7 oz (50 ml) product for around USD $28 – the second cheapest option on this list!
- The sun-protecting active ingredient in this formula is zinc oxide (12%).
- This alternative is also packed with niacinamide, which can protect against acne and brighten the skin.
- The formula is also rich in jojoba esters, allantoin, bisabolol, sunflower extract, and rosemary leaf extract, which are all soothing ingredients, perfect for sensitive skin.
- The product contains non-nano mineral SPF 50 (PA ++++) and skin-nourishing actives that shield your skin against daily stressors.
- You can count on water resistance for up to 40 minutes.
What we like:
- I love that this solution offers broad-spectrum protection against UVA/UVB rays, blue light, and pollution, making it an ideal choice for daily use.
- The tinted formula helps to even out your skin tone and it’s so light and spreadable, it allows a quicker application in the morning.
- This sunscreen serum feels nice on my combo-to-oily skin. I’d say that people with dry skin can enjoy the product too, provided they use a good moisturizer underneath.
- It’s fragrance-free, making it suitable for sensitive skin types, and it doesn’t sting my eyes.
What to have in mind:
Those of you with super oily skin will find the finish too dewy, and those with melanin-rich skin will see a cast. It’s not the most universal product on my list of alternatives for the Tatcha Silk Sunscreen.
So, these are the closest replacements of the Tatcha Pore Perfecting Sunscreen that I’ve managed to find so far, and my search continues.
If you’re a fan of a good dupe, you can also check my selection of the best Krave Beet Shield dupes of the old formula.
And if you’re wondering what is blue light sunscreen, I’ve covered the topic before.
Hint: it’s essential for darker skin types, Fitzpatrick 3 and above.
Drop me a comment below if you have any questions about the products listed or if you have found another replacement for the lovely Tatcha sunscreen — my readers and I would love to know!
Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream took our hearts by surprise. Many got introduced to this lovely moisturizer as a Sephora’s Birthday gift only to get seriously hooked on its lovely consistency, unforgettable user experience, and dewy-smooth effect on the skin. It’s no...
Many a hearts were broken when suddenly we noticed that the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion refill pads were discontinued. One day the pads went out of stock on Neutrogena’s website but they were nowhere to be found at Walgreens, Target, and the rest of the retailers...
Everyone’s favorite, Genes Vitamin E Cream, suddenly went out of stock almost completely. Nowadays, you can only find it at Amazon at a ridiculously expensive price. Naturally, this made me search for budget-friendly Genes Vitamin E Cream replacements that have at...